Are your booklets missing something? Are they not getting the positive reviews you were hoping for? Well, if this is happening to you, then you might want to review and see if your color booklets are lacking any features. In fact, you might want to compare your booklets to comparable rivals to see what great features you might be missing.
Let me help you a bit here by giving you a list of the best booklet features that your lackluster average booklets might be missing. Review these items and see if you can apply them to your own booklets. You might be able to improve them and make your investment in booklet printing worthwhile.
1. Appealing title for specific audiences – If you actually review all of the best booklets out there, you will see that one of their main defining features is their titles. Their titles are not just simple descriptions.
They were composed very deliberately to appeal to their specific target audiences. So instead of just a title label, they contain specific key words and inviting phrases specifically meant to the people they want to target. This allows the booklet to be more effective at actually communicating their message to the right people.
2. Distinct cover design – Another very visible and distinct element of the best booklets out there is their distinct cover design. This should be pretty obvious but it is worth mentioning as it is a cornerstone of a proper and effective booklet. Instead of using the standard booklet design templates, the best booklets will always use a distinct cover design uniquely their own.
No copies or no formula layouts are used. More importantly the design should also not look like any other rival booklets out there. With something original, people are more likely to remember the booklet, and of course take note of its contents.
3. High quality colors – While most booklets today are printed in full color, the best ones in particular have high quality vivid colors that make them stand out. This is a key strategy used in expert booklets so that they are the first thing that people will notice in the environment. With very vivid and intense colors, people will typically pay attention thinking that the booklet is something important or crucial. So for your text colors and background colors, you may want to use more intense colors to make your booklets like those expert ones out there.
4. Sub headline hook – Interestingly enough, this is a feature that some other booklet designers neglect. However, this is actually a very powerful feature that many successful booklets use effectively. The sub headline or sub title is basically the next smaller title after the main booklet title.
The best booklets are composed with very compelling sub headlines like this that drive people to read the rest of the booklet immediately. They basically tease out little details or promise more benefits within the booklet content. This means that more readers will of course be reading the whole booklet, guaranteeing success for that particular print.
5. Quality cover finish – Finally, the mark of a great custom booklet is its quality cover finish. While there is a saying that you should not judge a book by its cover, for a booklet, it is best to cover your bases and print your covers with the best impressive materials as possible.
The best usually have very thick covers with glossy finishes to add that magazine like finish that smacks of high quality prints. Believe me, more readers will probably read and keep your booklet afterward, because of this.
So? Do you think your own booklets have these great features? It might be better to review all of these so that you can also use these tricks on your own prints.