Dry fruits pakaged in style
‘Health is Wealth’, albeit a clichéd phrase, has the same essence as it must have had when it was used the first time. The underlying meaning is timeless but it is the casual attitude of people nowadays, towards this one-liner that has buried deep its importance in their hearts. Individuals have chosen to stay blind over this reality of a ‘healthy lifestyle being all-important’.As a result of the phrase forgetfulness, one thing that has lost its importance is the consumption of dried fruits.
Dry fruits comprise of cashews, walnuts, pistachio, raisins, almonds, dates, peanuts, macademia nuts, hazel nuts etc. Dried fruits are made by drying them in order to preserve them. They are either dried naturally or mechanically. The fruits are treated with sulphur dioxide before being dried.
The sulphur dioxide treatment is basically done to preserve vitamins and colours. Pre-drying, the fruit is also treated with Potassium Sorbate, which has several benefits for the eater. Potassium in dried fruits is essential for the body as it helps in modulating water and acid-base balance. It also helps speed up the metabolic rate resulting in muscle growth and normal body development.
Furthermore, potassium in dried fruits also helps to prevent muscle cramps during athletic activities.The benefits of eating dried fruits are not restricted to the chemicals mentioned above. It is highly recommended that the consumer should not restrict himself or herself to one category of dried fruit. Different colored fruits must be consumed because they contain different nutrients and vitamins. At the time of drying, some of the nutrients are comprised upon, but the fruit is still rich in the food groups. Carbohydrates, proteins and dietary fibers are present in abundance in dry fruits. Fiber helps prevent constipation. Dry fruits are also plentiful in sugar which forms a major part of the balanced diet. This natural sugar enrichment aims to give your body energy boost. In addition to sugars, dry fruits also contain minerals like calcium, phosphorus, copper, manganese, magnesium, sodium and iron. Dried fruits are low fat making them ideal replacements for chocolates and sweets. Including dry fruits in diet is beneficial for bones too.Adding to the list of benefits that dry fruits have is the lowering of cholesterol. Almonds are particularly enriched with minerals that lower LDL-cholesterol, preventing an individual from heart diseases. These fruits also contain huge quantities of health bioactive ingredients which curb the risks involved in acquiring chronic diseases. There are several myths attached to the dried fruit processing. It is assumed that during processing dry fruits lose their mineral and nutritional value, thus becoming unhygienic for the consumer. Albeit dried fruits lose their nourishment value to a certain degree, these fruits still retain many of its health restoring properties.
The aforestated benefits are just to mention a few out of the multitudinous benefits of eating these fruits. Each and every dry fruit has some secret that can do wonders to an individual’s health. Take a look at the brief descriptions in conjunction with the countless health benefits that are enclosed in some of the dry fruits:Raisins may appear unappetizing at the first glance because of their wrinkled appearance. Besides their sickening look, raisins are remarked as a natural alternative to candies. Extensive research has discovered that raisins are full of sugars, especially fructose and glucose. This aids in effective absorption of proteins, minerals and vitamins, making it ideal for body builders and athletes. Raisins are also help in curing infections because of their polyphenolic phytonutrients containing anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
These phytonutrients also have antioxidant properties that protect the eye from developing several visual disorders. Furthermore, one of the phytonutrients called catechin, shields the body against radicals that could result in tumors. They are even loaded with iron and copper, resulting in red blood cells formation which could be a cure for anemia. Sexuality stimulation is one other benefit derived from raisin consumption. There is an amino acid called arginine that aids in libido arousal.Almond is one other kind of dry fruit whose benefits outmatch those of other nuts. The medicinal value of almonds is enormous. Some of the benefits of eating almonds include that it nourishes the brain. It helps in the induction of a higher cognitive level. Like stated previously, almonds increase the HDL levels and decrease LDL levels, thereby modulating the cholesterol levels. Moreover, almonds are also used in restoring sexual vigour, fighting against diabetes and treatment of skin diseases, mainly eczema. Almond contains and ample amount of Iron, riboflavin, copper, vitamin B1 and phosphorus, which is vital for haemoglobin production and proper body functioning. Almond is also good for curing sore throat. It is also useful in decreasing oxidative and post prandial glycemia damage.Pistachio is a dry fruit rich in phosphorus, magnesium, potassium and vitamin B6. This dry fruit has a high amount of monosaturated fats that lowers levels of cholesterols in the blood. It has plentiful antioxidants like phytochemicals which help to fight against cancer. Pistachio also helps in curing anorexia and nausea.Cashew nuts are also very nourishing and they possess adequate amounts of selenium, magnesium, phosphorus, B vitamins, mono saturated fats and much more.
These nuts help in regulating digestion because they have huge quantities of fiber and also help in muscle growth because of presence of proteins.Date is another dry fruit that also possesses sugar in its natural form such as glucose and fructose. Eating ground dates twice a week is considered to be good for heart. Dates also contain small quantities of nicotine which make them useful to fight against intestinal problems.There are many other dry fruits which have a never-ending list of benefits. Dry fruits are nature’s gift to man. These mini packaging in which they are sold have abundance for healthy growth.
It is absolutely necessary for humans to realize how important health is and start reverting to generation old but healthy habits. The benefits of eating dried fruit are still being discovered tirelessly by food scientists.
Dry fruits are considered rich source of nutrients and regarded as delicacies. Several fruits that come under dry fruits category are: Cashews, Walnuts, Almonds, Raisins, Pistachio, Date, Peanuts, Macadamia nuts, Hazelnut etc. These fruits are packaged in aesthetic designs either as assorted or as a mix in different proportions and sold as gift pack in the market at good prices.
The dry fruits are packed in accordance to their weight, size and quality. Packaging style changes with taste and class of consumers. Several packaging styles include silver serving trays with bowls, baskets and hard board packets.
Dry fruits are hygienically processed and enriched with high nutritional elements to make them delicious and ready to be consumed raw or used in various foods items to make them delicious. Other food items which are made up of different type of dry fruits are mango pulp, fruit cocktail, canned fruits/juices etc. Cashew nuts and peanuts are also sold as roasted nuts in various flavors like garlic, salt, pepper, chocolate, chilli, sugar and honey. These nuts are hygienically packed in vacuumizeded nitrogen flushed foil packs to increase shelf life. Raisins are natural sweetners and used in various food items to enhance the taste. These are processed and dehydrated from seedless grapes and the light colour of the raisins is preserved with sulphur treatment. Raisins are consumed either raw or mixed in various other preparations, e.G. Cakes, rolls, pies, or in combination with dried fruits
Dry fruits have special importance during long journeys because of high nutritive value. Variety of peanut items include groundnut Kernels, blenched peanuts and redskin Blanched Peanuts are packed peanuts which can be readily used for consumption and Redskin Groundnut Kernels have red colored skin over it.
Scorched Splits Cashew nut is Kernels split naturally lengthwise.
|KIND PLUS, Almond Cashew + Omega-3, Gluten Free Bars (Pack of 12)
Amazon Price: $14.05
List Price: $22.80
|KIND PLUS, Almond Walnut Macadamia + Protein, Gluten Free Bars (Pack of 12)
Amazon Price: $14.92
List Price: $22.80
|True North Almond Pecan Cashew Cluster – 24oz
Amazon Price: $11.80
Hubs on benefits of fresh fruits
- Dry fruits: medicinal uses and health benefitsDry fruits are considered rich source of nutrients and regarded as delicacies.Â Several fruits that come under dry fruits category are: Cashews, Walnuts, Almonds, Raisins, Pistachio, Date,Â Peanuts, Macadamia nuts, HazelnutÂ etc. These fruits are… - 23 months ago
- Onion (Allium cepa L.): Medicinal usesOnion has numerous medicinal uses for treating diseases. Onion is used almost in all the medicinal systems. Different plant parts are used in various forms such as raw, hot or cold water extracts, fresh or… - 21 months ago
- Tap Water vs Bottled Water: Some FactsReasons do vary like taste preference, quality concerns, and prevention of diseases etc but people in both developed and developing countries prefer to drink bottled water.All the drinking water comes either… - 23 months ago
- Apples: The medicinal properties and health benefitsIt is believed that first food eaten by prehistoric man was a fruit. Every fruit has a story associated with it in the Indian mythology. There is a mention of forbidden fruit even in the Bible. Nutritionally,… - 23 months ago
|ALMONDS 2010 CROP FRESH,RAW TASTY & NATURAL 10 LBS
Current Bid: $24.00
|3 20 BLUE DIAMOND ALMONDS 3 Coupons $.60/2 6oz/8oz
Current Bid: $1.76
Medicinal uses and health benefits of dry fruits:
Dry fruits are excellent source of minerals and contain substantial quantities of essential nutrients.They are easy to digest and help keeping us healthy. Similar to fresh fruits. dry fruits have strong medicinal properties.
A brief description of major dry fruits is given below.
Raisins are made by drying grapes. They are rich in sugar content and considered an excellent food in all cases of debility and wasting diseases. Raisins are considered priority food during the recovery period after successful treatment of a disease.
- Raisins are used for treatment of constipation. They are soaked in a glassful of drinking water for a day or two and eaten early in the morning after removal of the stones.
- Raisins are good source of iron and thus, very useful for anemic people.
- Raisins also help to gain weight.
- Black raisins are believed to be useful for restoring sexual vigor.
- Cashew nuts provide protein and fiber to body.
- They are rich in mono-unsaturated fat that prove helpful to prevent the heart problems.
- Cashews are a good source of potassium, B vitamins and folate and contains useful amounts of magnesium, phosphorous, selenium and copper.
Glucose and fructose are the natural form of sugar found in Date.
- The date is a nutritious food.
- Soak the Dates in water overnight and thereafter grind them after removal of seeds. Use of ground date twice a week is considered good for the heart.
- Dates is known as a good lexative as small quantities of nicotine are found in the Dates that is considered helful for intestinal disturbances.
Almond is considered very useful in both mental and physical development of human body. Unsaturated fats present in the chemical constitution of almonds gift them few good medicinal properties.
- Good quantities of Iron, copper, phosphorus and vitamin B1 in the Almonds help in the creation of new blood cells, hemoglobin and help in proper functioning of vital organs of the body.
- Almonds paste with milk cream and fresh paste of rose bud applied regularly over the face makes the skin soft and fair.
- Small amount of almond oil applied over forehead relieves headache and its use on the scalp helps to cure several hair problems.
- Almonds are also used in constipation problems, loss of sexual vigor and cure of skin diseases, especially eczema. Few leaves of the wild almond are powdered with water and the cream and applied to the parts affected by eczema.
If interested to know more health benefits, please click”Health Benefits of Almonds”
- Walnuts are the only nuts that have omega-3 fatty acids in high amounts.Omega -3 fatty acids are helpful in lowering triglycerides. Triglycerides should not be more than a certain level in the blood from heart’s health point of view.